Texas Child Protection Law Bench Book and Bench Cards
The Texas Child Protection Law Bench Book is available in the following:
- Printable Version (Updated November 2018)
- Online and Interactive
- Available by downloading the mobile application, LawBox:
- Open the LawBox app.
- Select "The Texas Children's Commission".
- Enter "children" for both username and password.
Having trouble? Additional instructions are available at LawBox.
In 2015, the Children's Commission introduced Bench Cards, which are abbreviated reference cards on specific hearing types and subject matter for quick reference. An extended long version of the Bench Cards complete with Family Code citations is also available.
Reference cards and topics include the following:
- Adversary Hearing
- Status Hearing
- Permanency Hearing Before Final Order (Updated 2018)
- Final Hearing
- Permanency Hearing After Final Order (Updated 2018)
- Medical and Mental Health Care
- Human Trafficking
- Bench Card to Reduce or Eliminate Disproportionality
- NCJFCJ Courts Catalyzing Change (CCC)
- American Bar Association Judicial Bench Cards for Engaging Youth in the Courtroom:
- Bench Cards for Engaging Young Children (ages 0-12 Months)
- Toddlers (1-3 years) and Preschoolers (3-5 years)
- School-Age Children (5-11 years)
- Adolescents (12-15 years)
- Older Adolescents (16+ years)
To download the Bench Cards, please visit the Bench Book / Bench Cards portion of the Reports and Resources page.